It has been a busy August.
The new book 'From Rio+20 to a New Development Agenda: Building a Bridge to a Sustainable Future' by Felix Dodds, Jorge Laguna Celis, Liz Thompson was handed into the publisher and will be out for January 2013 publisher is Earthscan at Routledge
It is a sister book to 'Only One Earth' (by Felix Dodds, Michael Strauss with Maurice Strong) and picks up the story from the end of that book and takes the reader through the preparations, negotiations and the possibly road to success for 2015 in the development of new development goals.
Part I: The Re-birth of Sustainable Development
Part II: Chronicling the key influences on Rio+20
Part III: How did it all come to happen?
Part IV: Multiplying commitments
Part V: From Rio+20 to 2015 and the new Development Agenda
Preparations for the Nexus Conference: Climate-Water-Food-Energy (March 3-7th 2014) move ahead with two major speakers announced Adnan Amin Secretary General IRENA and Liz Thompson former UN AS Rio+20 and Barbados Energy and Environment Minister.
The plenary sessions have also been announced:
- Urban Challenges of the Nexus: Local and Global perspectives
- Natural Resource Security for People: Water, Food and Energy
- Nexus perspectives: Water, Energy and Climate
- Nexus perspectives: Water, Food and Climate
- Entrepreneurial Environmentalism and Development
- Nexus Corporate Stewardship: How business is improving resource use
- Financing the Nexus: policy and practice
- Learning from the past, building a new future: Nexus Scientific Research
The submission date for abstracts is now 1st of November.There was also a little fun